Nowadays, separating fast-food from our life is a little bit difficult. There are many fast-food chains around us. They offer various menus not only for adults but also for kids. The delicious dishes they offer will give a temptation for us. Furthermore, when we are too busy to cook our meal, going to fast-food outlets will be our choice. But, if you care about your health, going to the fast-food restaurant is a hard choice. You will feel guilty when you have to eat the food with high fat and calories. It is not a secret that most of the fast-food menus are not healthy. They contain the high level of saturated fat. Besides, the beverage also contains much sugar.
So, can we enjoy the fast-food menu without worrying our health? The answer is yes. In fact, you can select the menu you are going to order. Nowadays, many restaurants offer the more healthy choices. For instance, they do not only offer the fried food. But, they also serve the grilled one. Besides, most of the food franchises also offer salad or fruit as the side dish. This way, you still can be healthy even you consume fast food. But, you must be wise in choosing the meal. So, you still can continue your healthy diet or weight loss program. Avoiding eating fast food is not necessary anymore if you can be careful with what you eat.
We provide some hacks which can help you to choose the healthier menu. You can apply the tips below when you go to the fast-food restaurant. For instance, you can do these hacks when you visit McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, KFC, etc. Doing our tips enables you to reduce the calories intake. As a result, you do not need to worry about being fat. Here are the fast-food hacks you can do.
- Order the small portion.
Usually, some fast-food chains offer the menu in several sizes. For instance, they offer small, medium, or large size of the meal. In order to reduce the calorie, you have to pick the smallest one. If you choose the burger with double or triple patties, it will contain almost 800 calories. So, it will be better if you order the regular sandwich or burger. Usually, the regular size only contains 250 calories. Besides, you should not be tempted to order the large portion of french fries. If you only order the small one, you can reduce 200 calories.
- Order the healthy side dish.
You can take the benefit of the restaurants which serve the healthy side dishes. For instance, you can order the baked potato instead of french fries. But, you should use the low-fat dressing for your potato. Besides, you also can order a bowl of vegetable or fruit salads. Furthermore, yogurt is another healthy alternative. Ordering fruit slices such as orange or apple is also good for your diet.
- Watch out your salad.
Some people think that eating salad is a healthy option. But, they do not consider the topping and the dressing. In fact, some salad dressing and may contain fat. For instance, you order the veggie salad with breaded chicken, high-fat dressing, and cheese. This type of salad will be able to increase your calories quickly. As the alternative, you can order a vegetable salad with grilled chicken and fat-free dressing. Then, you have to avoid croutons and cheese as the extras.
- Avoid the fried items.
The fried chicken or fish fillet is high in calories and fat. So, in order to reduce your calories intake, you should choose the roasted or the grilled one. As the example, you can order chicken or turkey breast or roast beef.
- Order low-calories drink.
Most of the beverages in fast-food chains contain high sugar and calories. For instance, soda or milkshake will contain more than 300 calories. To reduce the calories in your drink, you should order the diet soda or unsweetened tea. Besides, drinking the mineral water will be better. Furthermore, you should avoid ordering ice cream.
- Subtitute your meal.
Usually, some fast-food outlets serve the healthier option to substitute your dish. So, you should be wise in asking for the substitution for your meal. Here is some menu substitution you can try.
- You can change the burger topping with the healthier ones. As the example, you should avoid cheese, mayonnaise sauce, as well as bacon. Then, as the alternative, you can add lettuce, pickles, mustard, or tomato. This way, you can add the flavor to your burger without increasing the calories.
- Order the baked potato with low-calories topping. Start from now; you should substitute your french fries with the baked potato. Then, to make it more healthy, you should avoid the butter, cheese, and full-fat sour cream as the topping. As the alternative, you can enjoy your baked potato with low-fat sour cream.
- Other food substitutions you can enjoy are as the following. First, you can substitute Danish into the small bagel. Besides, regular size of burger with grilled chicken is better than the jumbo cheeseburger. Ordering the salad bar is much healthier than fried chicken or Taco. If you like Mexican food, you should order Chicken fajita rather than fried chicken. The next, as the side dish, you should purchase the baked potato chips or pretzels instead of potato chips. The last, as the healthier drink option, you can purchase juice or diet soft drink. Besides, drinking fat-free milk or sparkling water is fine. Make sure that you do not order the milkshake.
Those are the simple tricks in reducing the calories intake in fast-food outlets. Being healthy is your choice. You should be wise in picking the menu. Moreover, we have the additional tips for you. If you are not sure with the calories contained in the menu you order, you should browse the nutrition facts. Just access the official website of fast-food restaurants you visit. For instance, before you go to McDonald’s, you can access www.mcdonalds.com. in this site, you can look for the credible info about nutrition facts of every menu served in this restaurant. So, you can count the calories intake.